Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15 to 21 - Bible Topics and Verses


This is the third set of topics we have for the year long sharing of bible verses categorized by topics. This week, our topic focuses on verses which talks about healing of the soul, not giving in to the enemy, wisdom given by God, letting go of the pride, and the never ending love of God for us. 


January 15
God heals our soul
1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.


January 16
Do not give in to the enemy
1 Peter 5:8-10
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.


January 17
Wisdom by Knowing God
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.


January 18
Let go of pride
Proverbs 13:10
Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.


January 19
God is always good
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.


January 20
God is with you all the time
Psalm 23:1-4
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 


January 21
God cares
1 peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you

No comments:

Post a Comment