Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rest your mind in Christ

 Philippians 4:5-7
5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
In verse 6, God tells us to pray and give thanks to everything; that we can always present our requests to him. Often, We pray indeed for him to grant our wishes, and our hearts desires; But when his answer to us is delayed, we become anxious, we lose patience and lose heart. It worries us and it troubles our minds.

I am in the very situation right now. I have been faced with a giant trouble; The pain i feel is best described as a knife being plunged into my very heart. The situation is causing me to lose sleep, to wake up in the middle of the night, worried or troubled. Only prayer helped me get through each day. I have never prayed so much. And this is when I  realized how strong prayers are. This whole experience taught me to trust in the Lord more, that he will always be with me, day or night to comfort me and he actually did just that... and more!

He is taking away the pain in my heart, slowly but surely; He calmed my  troubled mind... and is taking away all the suspicions, all the sadness, hurts, pains... I know If i remain faithful... God will replace all these with joy, peace, goodness, faithfulness, more calmness, with more compassion, with more happiness and more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment