Thursday, December 1, 2011

A forgiving heart, to glorify God...


1 Peter 3:15-16
15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

 
With this verse, I remembered an instance in my life where I have forgiven an enemy; My exact words were: "I forgive you"... And then a reply came to me she said that I need not be "sarcastic..." I was not offended by her reaction, after all who would forgive so easily, especially if you have been made a fool, if you have been lied to, cheated on.

Maybe it is really quite unbelievable that someone who was hurt so badly could forgive so easily. I just told her that I really do forgive her and that I do not plan to insult her with those words and i meant that I have already forgiven her...

When I told this person that I forgive her, something was lifted up from my heart, I felt I was free and that I am no longer burdened as much. God works in wonders, indeed. I knew God meant me well and that He knew I would understand this test or trial that came to me. I would  have reacted differently, but I chose to accept the fate and gathered strength from God.

I am so thankful that God works in me, in my heart, and in my whole being. I am thankful that he always gives me reasons to hold on, to not lose the hope. I know I am a work in progress and I know that God will never give up on me, until he perfects me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment