Friday, October 11, 2013

Vikings: Eat all you can Buffet

Okay... so i have heard about Vikings for years! Yeah, my officemates even go to Mall of Asia for a treat at this restaurant. So I wonder what's it all about... I have tried Yakimix, Dad's, Cabalen, Something Fishy, ChinaTown's Best but not Vikings... they sure have an expensive Saturday Rate. 

Am I glad that to hear that Birthday celebrants eat free! So there's the hope. haha So Off we went to Vikings, there are a lot of people already waiting in line at 10AM in SM North Edsa.
The buffet feast starts at 11AM and so we thought we are early.. not! 

And... since it was my mother's Birthday... all she had to present was her Voter's ID and that's it. We are all set. She even got herself a free birthday cake from Vikings!


Moving on... Vikings sure has a lot of food, i wasn't able to try them all. Here are what I can remember:

1. So They have Carving Station (my favorite) serving turkey meat, lamb leg, angus steak. They will slice and slightly grill for you as you order.

2. Asian Section serving Sushi, Maki, hotpot, dimsum (siomai, chicken feet, braised pork, etc).What I do not like about this section was the Tempura was always out! They refill the items so slowly you will forget you want Tempura. (in ChinaTown's Best or with Dad's you wouldn't wait for a tempura!... just saying...)

3. Beverage Section with unlimited beer! Of course they have a tasty four seasons juice drink, softdrinks (pepsi products)

4. Grill Station, this is the least place you will see people... there are a lot of sate's barbecues waiting for diners to pick them up and be grilled. :D

5. Dessert Station is located in the middle of the Vikings, the different desserts all lined up there seems to be inviting you! I tried and love their doughnuts. Their cheesecakes are not so good. They have the ice cream section, the Filipino desserts are served as well with puto-bumbong, and bibingka and of course halo halo. 


Overall Though, I would not shell out another thousand bucks for the Carving station. I'm not very satisfied with the taste of the food, 80% of the food I tasted here are just plain ordinary. Its not very worth the Weekend rate..

No comments:

Post a Comment