Sunday, November 27, 2011

Was Broken, But I am more beautiful now...

Yes, I have been broken. Pain got me, Hurts disturbed my mind, being brokenhearted made me a different person for a time... I was almost self destructing. 

I stressed my self so my physical body would give in and give up - as my spirit has. Or so I thought. Thank God he saved me. His grace saved me a couple of times and whenever I cry, I no longer cry for the heartaches and for the deceit. I am slowly crying in giving thanks to the Lord - because though I do not deserve any of the good things, He still wanted me to follow his path and not to destroy myself. 

In doing this, I realized I am not only destroying myself, I am also destroying my world. A world that included friends, family, and people who still needs me. I should not let one person destroy this whole world where other worlds rely on. 

Going through heartbreaking experiences like being cheated on, being deceived, losing a loved one, losing a friend, being lied at, losing a job, etc.. is like being broken into pieces. We just have to pick ourselves piece by piece; who says broken things can't be mended? Of course it can be! And so do we... 

"When the Japanese mend broken objects they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold, because they believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful."  - Barbara Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment